I would definitely eat carrot cake for breakfast if I could. Instead, turning the same flavours into a healthy porridge that kick starts your veggie intake for the day is second best, surely? This breakfast always feels like I have made an effort but really it’s very easy to put together. The recipe below is for 1, so just double up all ingredients to serve 2.
Carrot Cake Porridge
- ½ cup of oats (45g)
- 1 cup of dairy free milk (I used soya)
- ½ cup of loosely packed carrots
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of raisins
- Coconut sugar
- Maple syrup
- Grated nutmeg
- Sunflower seeds
- Step 1 Place the oats and milk in a pan and slowly raise to a medium heat. Cook for a few minutes.
- Step 2 Mix well and then add the grated carrot, cinnamon and raisins.
- Step 3 Serve in a bowl and top with coconut sugar, walnuts, sunflower seeds, grated nutmeg and a drizzle of maple syrup.