Recently I went on holiday to Fuerteventura where a couple of veggie/vegan cafes had celery pesto on the menu. After having it with pasta, I worked out it was celery leaves and parsley. It’s quite different to your standard basil so I wanted to try and recreate it. It feels quite summery somehow (maybe because there was sunshine in Fuerteventura!).
I thought this recipe was a good way to use up celery leaves too, although Florence, my guinea pig, wouldn’t be too pleased with this. Anyway, stir this through pasta or blob onto pizza.
- 1 cup loosely packed celery leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley leaves (I used curly)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Step 1 Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Step 2 Blitz until combined.
- Step 3 Transfer to an air tight container and keep in the fridge.