I absolutely love hummus and eat a LOT of it. I usually make a batch every week although it doesn’t always last that long. The main reasons I like making hummus is it tastes better than shop bought and it costs so much less too.
This recipe is for my sister, Laura, as she buys a lot of hummus and I am always encouraging her to make it instead. Try adding your favourite fresh or dried herbs, paprika or chilli flakes for variations. Serve with crisps, veggie sticks, salads or put in sandwiches.
You can halve all ingredient to make less in quantity.
- 2 tins of drained chickpeas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ cup of water
- Step 1 Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Step 2 Blitz together until smooth.
- Step 3 Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.