I love leek and potato soup (or any soup really). It’s so warming on a cold evening after a long day. There is a risk that leek and potato soup can be quite bland, the ingredients in this recipe ensure it’s full of flavour. You can taste and test as you go too. Using good quality organic potatoes in this recipe is well worth spending the extra as it adds so much to the flavour. This serves 4 hungry people or you can freeze for a quick lunch or dinner whenever you like.
Leek and Potato Soup
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250g chopped leeks (around 4-5 leeks)
- 600g potatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon marmite
- 1 litre of stock from 1 stock cube
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 200ml soya milk
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Step 1 Chop onion and sautee in olive oil until golden.
- Step 2 Add crushed garlic.
- Step 3 Chop leeks and add to pan.
- Step 4 Dice the potato and rinse in water for a few minutes to remove the starch.
- Step 5 Add potatoes to pan.
- Step 6 Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 7 Prepare 1 litre of stock with 1 stock cube and add to pan.
- Step 8 Boil until potatoes are soft.
- Step 9 Add tamari, mustard, lemon juice, sugar and mix well.
- Step 10 Add the soya milk.
- Step 11 Blend with hand blender.
- Step 12 Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Step 13 Keeps for 3 days in the fridge or freeze.