I would live on hummus and crisps if I could. I usually make a batch every week that doesn’t last too long. Adding sweet roasted carrots and rosemary is a nice variation to normal hummus and I really love the golden colour.
Roasted Carrot & Rosemary Hummus
- 2 large carrots
- 2 x tablespoons dried rosemary
- Agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 2 x tins chickpeas
- 2 x tablespoons tahini
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 x tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Step 1 Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan).
- Step 2 Peel and cut the carrots into batons and place on a roasting tray.
- Step 3 Pour over one tablespoon of olive oil and a good drizzle of agave or maple syrup.
- Step 4 Add the dried rosemary and ensure carrots are fully covered in herbs and oil. I use my hands.
- Step 5 Place in the oven until golden – approx. 20 minutes.
- Step 6 Whilst the carrots are roasting, prepare the hummus.
- Step 7 Add the following ingredients to a blender – chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and the water.
- Step 8 When the roasted carrots have cooked and cooled, add them to the blender and blitz all ingredients for several minutes until smooth. You may need to add more water slowly to get the right consistency.
- Step 9 Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days (if it lasts that long!)